Monday, April 11, 2011

Let My People Go!

There are many stories in the Bible that, for as long as I can remember, have always captivated me.  One of those is the story of the Exodus from Egypt (the actual narrative portion, not the section on the laws).  Perhaps this is due in large part to the fact that one of my favorite church songs is based on this story (bonus points if you can guess the song). 

It is easy to see the fascination that so many people have with this story.  So many spirituals have been sung about this, and who could forget Charlton Heston's role as Moses?  This is such a wonderful story of a people who were once in captivity yet have gained there freedom through the grace of God.  The road wasn't always easy, and the people complained a lot along the way, but they eventually make it to the promised land.

I've already posted a blog about my desire to find connections between church and technology, so you can imagine my excitement when, earlier today, I came across a video of how the Exodus may have happened had Moses had access to Google, Twitter, Facebook and other similar technologies.  Towards the end of last year, I found a similar video titled "Advent 2.0".  These videos are a great way to reinterpret these ancient yet relevant stories for us through the lens of our current society.  For your viewing pleasure, I have posted "Google Exodus" below.  I especially like all of the random references that can be found throughout the video (e.g. translating "Let my people go" from Hebrew to Egyptian.  You may want to watch the video a couple times and see if you can catch some more of these references.





PS - Stay tuned for more of my favorite Bible stories throughout this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment