Saturday, February 25, 2012

Laughter

I love to laugh.  This is just one of the simple truths of life.  Laughing is good.  I cannot begin to tell you how many bad days I have had that have been saved by watching something funny on TV.  Laughter just has a way of lifting one's spirit.  So much so, it is even mentioned in the Bible:

"A glad heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken." -Proverbs 15:13

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bones." -Proverbs 17:22

In that vein, my girlfriend and I are going on a triple date tonight (only our second one) to a comedy club.  The comedy club date has become a pretty regular one.  As much as we both enjoy laughing, we have found that laughing is so much better when you can share it with someone else.  This Lent, I encourage you all to find something that makes you laugh (so long as it is not to the detriment of others) and find some way to share that laughter with others.  Maybe you'll be like my sexton, who likes to tell jokes in the office on a regular basis.  Perhaps there are some funny cat videos online that you end up sharing with others.  You might even find yourself out at a comedy club with a group of friends.  Whatever you find, be sure to share it with as many people as possible.  If you have any ideas, please feel free to let me know.  I'm always looking for new things to make me laugh.  Until then, I leave you with this comic from Cuyler Black's "Inherit the Mirth" collection:


No comments:

Post a Comment