Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Android

About a year ago, I put up a post about finding ways to connect church and technology.  Around that time, I decided to take on a continuing education project to do just that.  I got in touch with an organization called Mission St. Clare that posts the Daily Office online, providing an easy way to do Morning or Evening Prayer without having to switch back and forth between multiple books.  I wanted to see if I could use my computer engineering background to write a mobile application for them so that people could do the Daily Office on the go.  Turns out, they were looking for someone to do just that for the Android operating system.

It is amazing how much I had forgotten about writing code in the years between college and working on that application.  Fortunately, there are a lot of god resources online that helped me get back into coding.  While I may have taken a bit longer to write the program than I thought I would, I was able to finish it and get it posted (through Mission St. Clare) on the Android Market back in September.  Since then, the application has gotten a lot of great reviews.  Probably best of all, the application is free.  If you have an Android smart phone, please install my application on your phone and let me know what you think.  You can find it by clicking here or scanning the QR code below.  I look forward to getting some more feedback on this application and hearing what ways you all think I can I can improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment