Thursday, March 22, 2012

Response Part II

I don't normally do this, but I had a bit of an epiphany about yesterday's post.  Blog writing is a lot like praying.  Even though it had seemed to me that not many people were reading this blog, it turns out that it has been viewed a considerable number of times.  The blog was getting a good response, I was just unaware of it.  I think that God sometimes responds to prayers in a similar way.

It can be easy to think that God doesn't respond to our prayers.  The truth may be, however, that God responds in ways we are not looking for.  I'm not trying to go for the whole "God works in mysterious ways" cliché.  I'm saying that we sometimes misunderstand the way that God responds to us.  This shouldn't be a mystery to us.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.
-Isaiah 55:8-9
 How often do we assume that God will think and act the way we do?  Sure, sometimes God works in ways we expect, but we shouldn't worry when things don't go our way.  I would say that, the majority of the time, things don't turn out the way I expect them to.  Actually, they usually turn out much better in unexpected ways.  Take some time to think about ways God may have responded to you in unexpected ways and let me know how it worked out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment