Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good Thing It Isn't Called Lent Sanity

I mentioned Lent Madness in a post last year.  It’s back again just over halfway through the first round (the Round of 32).  I was really excited about Lent Madness coming back, and I decided that, since I was going to be following Lent Madness from the beginning, I’d fill out a bracket and select (hopefully) the winner.  I even bought a couple of the poster sized brackets (one for my office, another for YODAH) so that I could keep track of who is still on track to winning the Golden Halo.  So far, things don’t look good for my predictions.  Here’s the bracket as it stands currently (click to make it bigger):


Already, two of the saints I had in the Faithful 4 (Absalom Jones and John the Baptist) have been eliminated.  Perhaps my method of “I know that person” and “I like that person’s name better” isn’t a good way to select tournament winners.  Maybe I should have done a bit more research into why these holy men and women are considered so, well, holy.  That’s the beauty of Lent Madness, though.  While I may have made a mess with my bracket selections, I still have the opportunity to humbly* learn how much these holy people from our past help us to be holy people today.  I hope you’ll take the chance to learn as well.

*I may still be a bit bitter about J-Bap losing to Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment