Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another Lent, Another Blog


I know what many of you are thinking.  “Isn’t a bit late to start your ‘Lenten’ blog?”  Yes, it’s true.  I haven’t posted anything for almost the entire first week of Lent, but that was intentional.  I decided that I wanted my Lenten discipline this year to be more sustainable.  As I mentioned last year, I am not a big fan of writing.  If I’m going to make blogging a regular and sustainable part of my life outside of Lent, I need to find a way that works better for me during Lent.

When I first started this blog, my goal was to blog every day (except Sundays) in hopes that I would be in the habit of blogging by the time Lent was over.  Because I’d been blogging almost every day for a month and a half, I should have been able to keep up the habit.  Instead, I found that I got so tired of writing by the end of Lent that, when Easter came, not only did I rejoice in the resurrection of our savior, I rejoiced because I no longer “had” to come up with something to write.  This year, I've decided that I am going to make it my Lenten discipline to post to this blog a minimum of once a week, with Tuesday being my set day to post.  Here we are at the first Tuesday in Lent, and a post is up.  Go me!

I hope you’ll join me this Lent (and hopefully at regular intervals afterward) as I continue on a path toward a deeper relationship with God.  There’s no telling what will happen in this journey.  Maybe I’ll help others on their own spiritual journey.  Maybe I’ll provide a good jumping off point for a discussion to be had in the comments section or in people’s lives outside of this blog.  Maybe I’ll add little more than a few extra kilobytes of data to the web.  Whatever the outcome, I’m excited about the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment