Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Daily Devotions

One of the expectations of us during the season of Lent is that we will spend time reading and meditating on God's holy Word.  Of course, this should be an expectation of us year round.  I did a post last week about the Android app I wrote for the Daily Office.  Currently, the app only has Morning and Evening Prayer (in English and Spanish), but you could head over to Mission St. Clare's website and get access to more of the offices and devotions found in the BCP.  While I am a big supporter of all things BCP, there are plenty of other resources out there for daily devotions.  Searching for "daily devotion" on just Amazon's website turned up over 4,000 results.  If you read an entire devotional book every day, there's enough on Amazon to keep you busy for over ten years, and that's just looking in one place.

With all of these resources out there, it can be difficult to find one that works for you.  I have found that I prefer devotions that take just a few verses from scripture and provide a short reflection and prayer on the passage.  One of my favorite devotionals in this style d365

 

This website is simple and uncluttered.  In addition to the devotions, they also provide soft background music.  Do you have any devotions that you do regularly?  If so, please let me know about them.  Prayer and devotion is a huge part of the Christian life, and I'm always interested in finding out how people are doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment