Friday, March 16, 2012

Sense of Humor

A neutron walks into a bar and orders a drink. Upon being asked the price, the bartender responded, “For you? No charge.”
Two atoms are walking down the street. One suddenly stops and says, “Oh no, I’ve lost an electron.”
“Are you sure?”
“I’m positive!”
What did the proton say to the electron?
Stop being so negative.
These are just a couple jokes that make me laugh because they match my sense of humor.  While I have a fairly wide range in my sense of humor, "nerd humor" has a special place in my heart.  This is most likely because I consider myself a nerd (in a positive sense).

I posted not too long ago about the benefit of laughter, but I couldn't help coming back to this topic.  Perhaps I've just spent a lot of time looking at nerd humor stuff online today.  Whatever is drawing me to this, I know one of the benefits of posting on this today is the opportunity to share a bit of myself with all of you.  Of all the types of humor out there, nerd humor is easily in my top 5 styles.  Even if the joke is just an awful pun or simply not that funny, the fact that it's a "nerd" joke makes it hilarious to me.  This is probably why I'm such a huge fan of "The Big Bang Theory" (the tv show, though the cosmological model is fairly interesting).

In short, if you want to make me laugh, tell me a joke that has something to do with science or math.  Bonus points if I don't get it right away.  Also, bonus points if you get this (taken from a webcomic I read almost daily):

No comments:

Post a Comment